Business Development Consulting
EMDS offers two separate types of Business Development Consulting approaches and several training courses that zero in on a topic or help employees transition into management. A summary includes:
- Business Process Support: Project and program management, technical writing, and procedural writing. The manufacturing industry is one of our specialties for this service.
- Business Development Consulting: One-on-one owner and CEO focused manager leadership training. Operations Leadership and team focused resources and training are also offered.
- Training Courses including Communication Skills, Foundations of Supervision, and Time Management and Organization Skills.
Business process and support
When your company has standard-operating-procedure and process documentation in place it helps ensure all jobs will be performed to meet your company standards. Process documentation also helps employees get up to speed sooner and perform key tasks in a consistent manner. Finally, this documentation helps ensure your company’s sustainability during periods of high growth or in the event of a merger or sale.
EMDS has personnel with the specific skills and industry expertise in the manufacturing sector to assist with:
- Project and program management
- Technical writing
- Creating an operations manual
- File system clean-up and organization
Because we act as an extension of your team, outputs are consistent with your company formats, promoting quicker adoption.
Business Project and Program Management -
The EMDS team brings expertise in the development of processes, programs and documentation of engineering-, quality- and maintenance-related procedures specific to the manufacturing sector.
Technical and Procedural Writing -
The EMDS team offers exception skill in writing technical documentation including Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, Lock Out / Tag Out and Validation documentation. The breadth of our industry and technical experience allows us to quickly understand a wide range of manufacturing and operational processes.
File System Clean-Up / Organization -
Are you tired of looking for files and not finding them because they all over the place? Do you wish you could get yourself and your team organized? Let us work with you to understand what is important and how you would like to see it organized. Then we’ll do the hard work no one else wants to do. We can do one or more of the following:
- Filter and Sort the files, determine the latest and greatest, and get them to the optimal location.
- Write Procedures to explain to your team how to maintain the file system and keep it orderly.
- Provide Training to ensure everyone understands and sees the benefits of being organized.
When we’re done with your file system clean-up project everything will have a place and you will be able to find what you are looking for with ease.
Business Development / Purposeful Business
Our proven Purposeful Business program is a unique manager leadership training that helps business owners and operational leaders develop skills and implement systems to gain structure, control and accountability. Our program is based on our own personal experience and belief that, with effective systems in place, business owners can successfully achieve a work / life balance. Each program is tailored to current client needs for content and delivery.
Specifics and Expertise
Manager Leadership Training Program
The owner-focused manager leadership training program is designed for one-on-one engagement and conducted in person or on the phone. We help you understand who you are in relation to your business, why you are in the business, how you define and measure success, as well as skills targeted at time management and developing strong managers.
Key Elements Include:
- Business Development Perspective
- Life Purpose
- Company Story
- Strategic Objectives
- Key Strategic Indicators
- Problem Solving
- Purposeful Business Manager
- Point of View in Action
- Managing Your Time
In this program, the EMDS team will assist your operational leadership to create a current and future organizational chart, define position responsibilities, develop operational manuals, define your processes (repeatability), develop your people and implement proper communication throughout your Operations organization.
Key Elements Include:
- Business Systems Strategy
- Organizational Chart
- Business Development Meeting for Employees
- Working Relationships
- Controlling your Calendar System
- Operations Manual
- System Design and Documentation
- Employee Development