Designed to prepare participants to be effective Quality Management System auditors for their company. Case studies are utilized that require participants to apply the appropriate requirements to actual workplace situations.
- Gain a clear understanding of the requirements and the companies’ application of the requirement.
- Knowledge of audit phases.
- Increased effectiveness in conducting and audit.
- How to ask questions that lead to objective evidence of compliance or noncompliance.
- Process auditing is defined in depth, with each participant identifying the processes and components of the processes in their company.
- Emphasis is placed on auditing against defined requirements and not on personal bias.
- Learn how to correctly document deficiencies.
- Improve the auditor’s ability to identify system weaknesses and areas where actual practice does not meet the requirements of the Standard.
- Auditors are taught how to audit in such a manner that encourages corrective action.
General Access Plan